Thursday, February 5, 2009

WHAT EXACTLY IS "PERMANENT"



Yesterday, I took Carli to Wichita Falls to have her "permanent" retainer replaced. When we took her braces off a couple of months ago, Dr. Johnson put a "permanent"retainer on her upper teeth. I must have been foolish in thinking it would last.She has a night time plastic one for her lower teeth. ( permanent- adj: continuing without marked change in status or condition or PLACE). Well, since it did come out or break or what ever it did, I just assumed it would be replaced free of charge. WRONG. But whatever, she has a temporary one now to keep the teeth from shifting until she can get another "permanent" one. Have any of you had this problem and am I just stupid. But we had a great time anyway. We ate at Cheddars and went to Hobby Lobby for some things and messed around in the mall. Normally I don't do much walking since I'm home most of the time, but I wore my step meter yesterday and I took 14,060 steps. 14,060!!!!!!! The ideal number of steps a person should take a day is 10,000 at least. It's easy to fall short of that. I even had on loafers. Have felt great today.
'Reason to smile: Every seven minutes of every day, someone in an aerobics class pulls a hamstring."
Hugging Honeyma signing off..............

1 comment:

Amanda Kirkpatrick said...

i LOVE carli!!!!!!! haven't gotten there on the braces, retainer thing with my kids...so can't help with that!! but i LOVE carli!!!!!

great quote at the end!!! :)