Tuesday, February 3, 2009
25 Random things about me
1. I am crazy about my grandkids. They make me proud.
2. I will be 72 on my birthday, March 20........bring presents.
3. Most of my mother's side of the family lived to their mid 90's.
4. I stay home most of the time, now.
5. I love my computer even tho I don't understand everything. Just ask my kids.
6. I was very shy in high school. Believe that if you want to.
7. I went to school with Hoyt Axton and his mother was my English teacher (she wrote "Heartbreak Hotel" for Elvis presley, you know.
8. I went to North Texas University for ONE year
9. I worked in the district office of the WTU company for one year.
10. I lived in Florida for a while after we married as Don was in the Air Force.
11. Lana was born in Roswell, NM
12. My other three kids were born in Wellington.
13. I graduated Childress high school..........MANY years ago.
14. I had pneumonia when I was in the first grade and missed the last 6 weeks of school. I knocked on Heaven's gate and St. Peter wouldn't let me in. Whew!!!!!
15. I have lost 5 of my best friends, so it may not be safe to be my friend. I still miss them.
16. I sang in a quartet in high school.......the Harmonettes. The other girls couldn't sing a lick................and I didn't even sing that well. But oh, we had fun
17. Not a single one of my grandkids was named after me.
18. I never knew my biological father or even saw his picture.
19. I used to french braid Lacy's long black hair for Kindergarten everyday.
20. I eat Reese's cookies with a glass of milk every night at 8:00 PM
21. I sold shoes for 22 years, but have sorta retired now and stay home with Kara.
22. I went on the wheat harvest with the Lacy Custom Combining and cooked one year for about 20 people. Hated that. You couldn't fill that young boys up with a shovel.
23. My second son was born quickly........I was in labor 59 minutes. That's the way to do it.
24. I can text on my cell
25. In April, we will have been married for 52 years!