Sunday, November 2, 2008

Things I've learned

I have learned thru the years that you can learn more about life talking with an old-timer than anything you can read.(I regret that I didn't visit more with my grandfather or Don's grandmother)



I have learned that there comes a time in one's life that you sorta feel in the way. I know this is not true, but I know that people have that feeling.



I have learned that Children need space............they need dicipline with love, and they don't need everything that they want.



I have learned that friends sometimes do forsake you and betray you, but that you should forgive them anyway.



I have learned that Life is too short to get done all you want to do.



I have learned that a spotless house is not nearly as important as spending time with the ones you love.



I have learned that it is never to soon to be kind because you never know how soon it will be too late.



I have learned a lot of things the hard way and wish I could do some of them over.



I have learned that Life is wonderful and to be enjoyed.



I found this poem that fits me perfectly and I sorta stole it as my own:



Lord, Thou knowest that I am growing older.

Keep me from growing talkative and possessed with the idea that I must express myself on every subject.

Release me from the craving to straighten out everyone's affairs.

Keep me from the recital of endless details. Give me wings to get to the point.

Seal my lips when I am inclined t tell of my aches and pains. They are increasing with the years and my love to speak of them grows sweeter as times goes by.

Make me thoughtful but not NOSEY, helpful but not BOSSY

Teach me the glorious lesson that occasionally I MAY be wrong.

With my vast store of wisdom and experience, it does seem a pity not to use it all.

But Thou knowest, Lord, that I want a few friends in the end.

No comments: