Monday, January 19, 2009

Babies, and why I love them


The time I spend with my grandkids is a blessing that cannot be explained. I just wish every grandmother could enjoy their grands as often as I do. Granted, I am a constance source of embarassment to the teenagers and a great lot of fun to the younger ones. When you are a grand parent, you can be silly, dance, sing and not worry about what people think. I laugh now at the things they do that got my kids in trouble for doing the same things. I loved babies when I was a teenager and always had to hold one when I saw them. My friends tho't I was crazy............I was........about babies. In my 52 years, I have rocked a million miles with babies in my arms. Still love to do that, but they are all too big. I will be so thrilled to get to rock Lacy's baby in March.I rocked Lana until she got so big I couldn't get out of the rocker with her. If someone asked me what the sweetest thing in the world was, I would say a baby's breath on my neck when I hold them on my shoulder, I would say their soft little ,precious hands...........there are too many to mention. Some day I may move to a larger town and apply at a hospital to be a cuddler. The small babies always love you no matter how you look, how old you are.......and even listen to you sing.




I pray that my children and grands will not remember me for the material things I provided but for the feeling that they are cherished.

2 comments:

Lacy said...

Awww, such a good post...
I like to hold babies too, Kara's the last one I held! You can come to my home and rock the baby to sleep every night...lol!
I can remember you rocking me and singing to me all the time.

Kyle Vannoy said...

It doesn't get much better than rocking a baby to sleep. Both of my boys still crawl up in my lap and want me to rock them. As long as they want me to, I'll keep doing it. Enjoyed your post!