Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Oh Say Can You See


I was at a Little League Championship playoff game last night and became very disturbed. As the National Anthem was playing, people were were saluting and listening. The boys all had their hats off and very quiet. Behind me in the stands, was a person talking on her cell phone. She was loud and made no effort to quit talking. My belief is that if you have no respect for our anthem, flag or our country.............then there are planes leaving the US everyday for other countries. Be on one!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to get this out of my system because it really upsets me that some people take our freedom for granted. FREEDOM IS NOT FREE. Men and women died and are dying for our freedom. All of the freedoms, including her freedom to own and use a cell phone should certainly never be taken for granted. If I knew her name, I most assuredly would print it, too.
I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands,one Nation under God,indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
By the way, our team won...............14-2. That lightened my load a little.

2 comments:

The Superintendent's Wife said...

I agree that is SOOO RUDE and shows a lack of gratitude and poor manners.

Anonymous said...

I liked it so much and very interesting, too! Thanks for sharing the experience.
Wonderful post, really great tips and advice. I was interested by your comment,
Cheap Flights to Nanjing
Flights to Nanjing
Nanjing Flights