Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What a wonderful Life

I am so blessed. I have 4 great children, 7 grandchildren and 4 greats. They are all precious and smart. My daughter Lana will graduate with her Master's Degree in Counseling in August. She has worked so hard and we are soooooooooo proud. She will be an excellent counseler. My son Clay manages our shoe store here in Childress and my youngest daughter, Linda, helps him in the store. My daughter Lori was the "Court Co-ordinator" for the Texas 100th District for 4 years. After a change of Judges, she went back to working for the Attorneys where she had worked for 10 years before. She is happy in this change. My two oldest grandaughters graduated LVN school and both have good jobs. Lacy works in Wichita Falls for a Cardiologist (she was the valedictorian of her class) and Lynsi is at the Regional Clinic here in Childress as Dr. Carter's nurse. It's nice to have them all working. My oldest grandson, Joe, has just been promoted to sargeant at the prison here in Childress. My grandson Conor just graduated high school and is going to attend WTAM in Canyon in the fall. He works this summer at the Murphy's convenience store and gas station in fron of Walmart. Carli is a busy little 15 year old. She played volley ball, basketball and softball. Was a cheerleader for the Jv Team and will be again this year. She played on the varsity softball team as a freshman and made second team all district out fielder. She is waitressing this summer at "The El Sombrero" restaurant. Right now she has strep throat. Calor is quite the little athlete. He turne 12 in June, was on the Little League All Stars as pitcher and first baseman. Kara, my three year old and her mother Linda are staying with us right now and she keeps our spirits uplifted. Precious and smart, and of course beautiful. How could I be more blessed. Don has recovered beautifully from 5 major surgeries over the last year and a half. What a wonderful life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So you do have a blog after all. You actually have 2. I don't know if you know that. Anyway, you should blog more.